
Lately. Hmm, lately. Lately, lately has been trying. I am completely overwhelmed by my job. It's not the job itself, but the people I share this office with. I sit here wondering how I'm going to write this out, but frankly, I'm tired. I'm just mentally exhausted. I will say this: it is so difficult working for someone who simply doesn't want to deal with the bad apples, who rewards bad behavior & loads up the competent folks with too much responsibility. I am this close to saying, "Yes, I'll learn to do this particular task that is actually not my job. But, all I ask in return is for you to tell me what he (points to offender) does around here to earn a salary." Seriously. Some people here literally do not do a fucking thing. Unless you count wandering off for indeterminate amounts of time, online social networking, moonlighting & talking on two phones at a time work. Oh, see! I'm starting to get all pissed off again! I regret that I allowed them (there's two of them, see) to ruin work for me. I realize it's like this at everyone's job, but shyeeeeeeit. I've been waking up earlier to do yoga before work to combat the stress. I think after I get used to waking up earlier and getting my stretch/pose on, it'll do me well in the long run. I'm still in the "getting used to it" phase. Waking up isn't hard. Getting out of a warm bed is. Too, I crash so much earlier in the afternoon. I usually get my slump around 3:00 p.m. Now it comes right after lunch! I'll suffer through it, though. I'm convinced that it'll work out soonish. So, yeah, I'm that jerkface that works out before work! It's a pleasure to meet you!
Today, Kat and her girlfriend are driving down from Ft. Smith. Tonight, the lot of us will be going to the Arkansas Art Center to redo the opening night (previously canceled because of inclement weather) of the Delta exhibit. Afterward, we're going to Ristorante Capeo for supper. Kat (+ one) will be our house guests for the night. Frankly, I can't wait to do all of this fun, delicious stuff. I need. to have. fun. Speaking of Kat, her Habitat exhibit @ the ACAC begins March 5. I can't wait to see the unveiling of our own Habitat photo! I hope I'm not pulling a bad face.



My daydreams have gotten grander, loftier. I don't just have spring on the brain. I've been thinking of me & KMHD's future boutique hotel in Hot Springs.
Starvist

My favorite, most utilized:

No comments:
Post a Comment